Etolikos House | Kassiopi, Corfu
Price from : Available upon request.
Etolikos House is a fabulous home and a place where one can totally relax. This luxury villa for holiday rental in Corfu is a truly idyllic hideaway and offers guests complete peace and tranquillity enjoying a breathtaking position and stunning views, yet is only a short walk from the village and harbour of Kassiopi. With its many spoiling features, Etolikos House is a much sought after three bedroom property, sleeping six in luxury. Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and shower. A plasma television and state of the art Sonos music system in the sitting room, TVs in all the bedrooms and Wi-Fi all contribute to the contemporary comfort and convenience the house offers it’s guests, all year round.
An extraordinary feeling of light and space is created by the seven French windows leading off the spectacular sitting room area and its classic open plan design, with a striking “Venetian tower”, containing two of the three bedrooms, makes Etolikos a much admired and incredibly sought after property with rare sea frontage. The stunning open-plan sitting room area is dominated by a traditional Corfiot fireplace. The room is beautifully furnished with comfortable sofas and armchairs creating a room for all seasons and offers a particularly cosy ambience in the Spring and the Autumn, when the nights can be cooler. A wrap-around terrace that is almost integral with the inside living space, has sumptuous day beds, sun loungers and chairs with spectacular views of the sea, sky, Kaparelli Island and of the Albanian mountains across the channel. The covered loggia, barbecue and a large oval dining table seating eight, ensures that this brilliant combination of integral inside and outside living is the natural gathering point and the perfect entertaining space, enabling guests to drift inside and out with ease.
The elegant and beautifully designed kitchen is separated from the sitting room area by a stunning black granite-topped island which in turn provides the perfect Mediterranean living and an entertaining space with a high degree of comfort. A guest cloakroom and a charmingly decorated bedroom, with its own en-suite bathroom and shower, pretty beamed ceilings and access to its own private terrace completes the ground floor accommodation. The staircase leads up from the sitting room to the two exquisitely interior designed “Venetian tower” bedrooms with the Venetian feel further enhanced by the pretty beamed ceilings. Each bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and shower.
The landscaped garden area surrounding this luxury villa for holiday rental in Corfu is cleverly designed not to look artificial or contrived and is surrounded by beautiful natural rock features, shrubs, flora and indigenous maquis. The grounds are inter-planted with cypress, oak, judas trees, carob, pomegranates, olives and other indigenous vegetation. From the pool terrace, some beautiful stone steps and a pathway weaves its way down the shared jetty (with Cassiopeia), which can be used for mooring a speedboat or tender from a larger boat, or for sea bathing! The views from Etolikos are just as spectacular as those of its neighbour Cassiopeia, yet being closer to the sea and with the sound of the waves lapping below, you get even more of the feeling of “being on a boat”.
Spectacular images of the Kassiopia estate have been taken by the renowned photographer Clive Nichols and can be viewed and purchased by searching for “Kassiopia Estate”.
- Large open plan sitting room and dining area, table for up to 8 guests, leading to terrace and outside dining and entertaining areas.
- Kitchen with American drinks fridge and ice machines.
- Outside dining / BBQ bar area off the sitting room.
- Outside dining table for up to 8 persons.
- Interchangeable twin bedded room (can be converted into a super king bed), en-suite shower room and private terrace.
- Interchangeable Super King size bedroom (can be converted into a twin bedded room) with en-suite shower room.
- Twin bedded room with en-suite shower room (can't be converted into a double bed).
- Air conditioning / ceiling fans in all bedrooms, kitchen, dining room and sitting room.
- Under floor heating.
- Osmosis drinking water machine.
- Mosquito netting on all windows.
- Washing machine.
- Dishwasher / microwave / coffee machine / American fridge / ice machine.
- Hair dryer in each bedroom.
- Satellite TV – 200+ channels, including movies, in all bedrooms and sitting room.
- DVD player in the cinema room. (Clients are recommended to bring their own selection to suit their individual preferences and tastes. DVD’s may be pre-ordered on request via the Concierge, but local availability cannot be guaranteed
Bedrooms and bathrooms
- White waffle dressing gowns.
- Ortigia bathroom products.
- Interchangeable twin beds using zippable padded top mattresses to create a double bed.
- English sprung mattresses.
- Egyptian cotton linen.
- Feather and down / anti-allergen pillows – choice available on request.
- Individual safes and torches in each bedroom.
The "tech" stuff
- Plasma screen TVs with 250 satellite TV and Radio channels, including movies, in all bedrooms and sitting room.
- I-Pod docking speakers in all bedrooms.
- Sonos music system.
- Multi channel music library.
- Wi-fi (including the pool area).
- Good mobile reception.
Swimming pools with sun beds and umbrellas
- Fresh water 10m x 5m (1.8m deep) Infinity pool with corner viewing seats.*
- Access to the sea and the jetty (shared with Cassiopeia House).
- Sunken pool terrace.
- Lounge sofas.
- Jetty (shared with Cassiopeia House).
- Running machine, cross trainer and multi-gym.
- Pool table, table football, table tennis table and darts board in the courtyard.
- Swim jet exercise machine in the main swimming pool.
- Spring-free trampoline.
- Outdoor Jacuzzi.
- Boule Court.
- Fishing rods.
*Eco-friendly solar heating “takes the edge” off the natural pool temperature in the early and late season and boosts the pool temperature in season. The house water is partially heated via solar power.
- Natural water collected from the winter rains for house use.
- Grey water recycled for irrigation and used for all the outdoor garden plants.
- Solar lighting of the garden, woodland and pathways.
- Floatron pool technology (reduced chlorine).
- Guests are encouraged to help the local environment by preserving water during their stay.
THE STAFF INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL
- Concierge - responsible for the day to day needs of the guests. The concierge is not resident but will come to Etolikos House when required and is contactable six days per week.
- Housekeeper - responsible for the day to day cleaning and running of the domestic side of the house – up to 16 hours per week over six days per week.
- Grounds person and general handyman - responsible for general duties to include keeping the grounds tidy, gardening, cleaning the pool and the pool area and replenishing logs for the fire if required (logs at extra cost) - six days per week.
OTHER SERVICES INCLUDED IN THE RENTAL
- Linen change - twice per week.
- Air conditioning.
- Pool towels.
- Bathrobes - in all bedrooms.
- Bathroom products.
- Solar heating - for the house and the fresh water swimming pool.
- Children’s cot, bed guards, stair guards, intercom, baby play pen and high chairs – all complimentary.
- Postal service - post box in the courtyard and daily collection by the housekeeper.
FULL CONCIERGE AND EXTRA SERVICES
Arranged by the concierge and charged locally;
- Personal trainer, yoga, pilates and holistic training - booked in advance and by appointment.
- Massage therapist, manicure, pedicure and body waxing - booked in advance and by appointment.
- Treatments, makeup and Hairdresser - booked in advance and by appointment.
- Personal laundry and dry cleaning service - a local laundry service can be arranged by the housekeeper (at an extra cost to the client).
- Nanny, baby sitting and extra staff assistance and service.
- Doctor and pharmacy service.
- Morning papers, postal and courier service - on request.
- Wine cellar – stocked with French wine, prosecco and champagne.
- Arrival grocery and beverage service.
- Outside July and August a local cook or chef can be requested, at extra cost, at the time of booking.
- Catering - there is an excellent local catering firm who can deliver prepared food and provide staff for special occasions.
- Local art classes – booked in advance.
- Cookery courses for Greek cuisine using only Greek and local products with a cook who taught in the Faculty of Tourism Management (minimum 1 day) – booked in advance.
- Volzhenka Caviar, supplier of the finest caviar in the World, can be purchased at the Kassiopia Estate.
- Restaurant and local Taverna reservations and recommendations.
- Birthday and anniversary celebrations and entertainment - including Greek dancing, music and photography.
- Private language courses (Greek, Russian, German, English) by native speakers (also ideal for small children combined with activities).
- Private music concerts by well known Greek musiciansand by musicians who play in the Athens State Orchestra (many of whom play in private properties in Athens and for the International Embassies).
- Private music lessons by specialised music teachers.
- Photography courses and / or private photo shooting.
- Private dance courses (from Argentinian tango to traditional Greek dances and more).
- Physiotherapy and Acupuncture.
- Limousine and chauffeur service, water taxi to and from the airport, private car transfers, car hire and rental and taxi transfers.
- Private security service.
- Yacht and Sunseeker boat hire.
- Helicopter and Private Jets.
- Wedding receptions, venue, family and special events.
- Live entertainment and fireworks for Birthday and Anniversary celebrations.
LOCAL FACILITIES AND ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE
can be booked independently or through the concierge as required
- Tennis (the local court is 3 minutes away by car).
- Horse riding.
- Boat hire - skippered tours of the island and the highly recommended arrival and departure day transfer by boat from/to Corfu Town/Airport to the Kassiopia Estate's private jetty.
- Water sports (including water skiing).
- Scuba Diving.
- Golf at Ropa Valley. All inclusive Golf packages (50% discount on all Green fees) are exclusively available to all clients staying at The Kassiopia Estate
- Large and small motorboat and yacht charters.
- Walks with a private guide.
- Mountain biking.
- Paragliding ("Parapente") Vatos, Pelekas, Agios Gordis and Pantokrator Mountain.
- Private sight seeing and guided shopping tours in Corfu Town.
- Advice on places to visit in the world heritage listed Corfu Town.
- Day trips to Paxos, the Greek mainland and Islands north of Corfu by skippered boat.
- Day (or overnight) trips to Albania by boat. Met by private guide, private jeep. Visits to the Roman site of Butrint, Gjirokastor and Blue Eye as required.
- Corfu Town / Airport: 50 minute drive. Kassiopi: 5 minute drive / 10 - 15 minute walk.
THINGS TO KNOW
Late Check-in: Available any time after 15:00
Extra people: Upon request
- If a client is unable to travel to Corfu in 2021 due to travel restrictions and is unable to commit to a specific date in the future, a “Cassiopia Estate credit note” will be issued to the value of their deposit. The credit note can be used at either Cassiopeia House or Etolikos House (regardless of which house you originally booked).
- The Cassiopia Estate credit note will be valid until 1st November 2024. Therefore, no client will lose their deposit at the Cassiopia Estate, if they are unable to travel to Corfu in 2021 due to travel restrictions.
- Client should take out adequate travel insurance to cover their whole family, before their deposit.
Flat screen televisions
Hairdryer in every bedroom
Mosquito nets on all windows
Under floor heating
Egyptian cotton linen
Feather and down / anti-allergen pillows – choice available on request.
Individual safes and torches in each bedroom.
table and darts board
Hobie Cat Outfitter Kayak
Naish Paddle Boards